.

I hope to share on this blog stories of my faith, my family, my friends and everyday life. I also hope that through following you "creative" bloggers, it will inspire me and challenge me to become more creative. Please allow me to go ahead and "thank you" for your ideas and inspiration!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Rambling's with Ali"

"Rambling's with Ali" is just that....me (Alison) rambling about life and general stuff. I will save the silly and funny details of how I settled on the name for a later post. For now, I wanted to share a make-up tip I thought of (not that it's an original idea or anything....you could've been doing this for years).

You know when you are putting on eye shadow it can flake/spread around your eye? Well, this kept happening no matter what brushes I used. I found the ones that come in the compact ususally end up losing their cushioned tip long before the eye shadow is gone. When I use my more somewhat "expensive" brushes, they seem to flake/spread eye shadow on my face as well. Well one day I thought of using a q-tip for applying my eye shadow. It worked and I love it. No more "flying" eye shadow on my face. The q-tip is good for two colors...one color for each end. Toss in the trash and it's done.

>

One other beauty tip I learned from one of my car-pool friends (I carpool with two lovely ladies). This tip came from Kristi. I shared my q-tip/eye shadow idea and then she gave me a tip on using a cotton ball to put on blush. I tried it and liked it. It works also. I told Kristi and Laurie (carpooler) that they were going to be a part of "Rambling's with Ali" from time to time.

1 comment: