.

I hope to share on this blog stories of my faith, my family, my friends and everyday life. I also hope that through following you "creative" bloggers, it will inspire me and challenge me to become more creative. Please allow me to go ahead and "thank you" for your ideas and inspiration!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Rambling's by Ali"


Jeffrey, our son-in-law turned 30 on January 27th. Due to snow, no get together today. He'll eventually get his "homemade" card. He is a contractor and currently building their home. During this time of year he's always having to wear his black rubber boots. They have a countless number of trees on their 11 acres, but one in particular has a swing on it for Lola, Abe and Maggie (yes, Grana "me" has also been known to swing on it). Thus, the card was put together with all of that in mind. It's hard coming up with a "man card," but this is my attempt. These are a few of my favorite Stampin' Up stamp sets (Scene in a Garden and Branch Out). I love trees and the way they change with the seasons. The "Happy Birthday" stamp was used from a stamp set from 2002 "Button Bear." I had to really talk my sweet mom out of her collection of stamps + other stuff years ago when I discovered that she wasn't using them any longer. I received 12 stamp sets in all. I've spent the last week going through her 2002 Stampin' Up catalog to label the case and stamps. SO FUN! Thanks mom and love ya!

Project:
Stampin' Up stamps mentioned above; StazOn Jet Black and Timber Brown; Classic Brocade Blue and Barely Banana; Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon; Basic Black marker and Small Tag Punch.
Other - paper and accessory

1 comment:

  1. I love the story about the shoes it makes the card even cuter!

    ReplyDelete