.

I hope to share on this blog stories of my faith, my family, my friends and everyday life. I also hope that through following you "creative" bloggers, it will inspire me and challenge me to become more creative. Please allow me to go ahead and "thank you" for your ideas and inspiration!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Making Memories with our MG's (McGuire Grands)

We've had a wonderful weekend. It started off by Tara coming over on Saturday with the kiddos, Lola (5), Abe (4) and Maggie (2). Tara and I spent the day getting her boy clothes (baby and toddler) ready for a consigning. She is pregnant with their 4th child...a baby girl due in the middle of July.

The grands wanted us to break out the Wii for them. Lola and Abe were pretty good at bowling. Maggie, not so much. She and the control didn't work well together. Maggie wanted to box with the Wii (Lola said, "Maggie likes to hit people.") She was pretty good at boxing. She takes that control and just swings and swings until she knocks the other boxer out.

Tara left for she and Jeffrey to have a quite evening together. The grands spent the night with us (with daylight savings time even). We took them to Opry Mills to eat and ride some rides. Lola worked on separating my quarters for me today (I save quarters and the state ones needed to be separated out.) We took some of those quarters and let them ride two rides a piece. We went to Bass Pro to see the "big" fish and there was one. A catfish that looked to weigh at least 150 lbs. It scared Lola, Maggie cried and wanted to be held and Abe watched from a squatted position on the floor....so funny. On our way out through Apple Barn, they each got a lollipop (orange for Lola, butterscotch for Abe and cotton candy for Maggie). We headed home and time for PJ's. Maggie insisted on sleeping in the ballerina skirt (part of their dress-up clothes), Lola put one on also (hers didn't last through sleeping). We kept one of Abe's hats from years past to take to Addie, our granddaughter in New Mexico who loves hats. We leave Wed., March 17th for a week in New Mexico with Brittany, Phillip, Addie (2) and Elena (6 months). Lola and Abe tried it on for laughs. Maggie wouldn't have anything to do with it.

On Sunday, up for Connect Groups and Worship. Abe spent some of his class time in class with Pop and Grana. I told him how he would have to sit, be quite and have no fun because it's an adult class. He lasted about 15 minutes in my lap and then whispered that he wanted to go to his class...off we went. Returned home for lunch and Walt Disney movies. Pop has this thing about singing "any" singing in movies. So, he thinks it's cute to cover his ears when the singing starts.....so Abe also thinks it's funny to cover his ears.

So, enjoy our pictures from another fun weekend just making memories with our grands. Enjoy your week and until next time...













2 comments:

  1. Your "grands" are grand! So cute!! I know you had a wonderful time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all adorable! I can't believe how big Abe is.... he looks like such a big boy! I guess I haven't seen him a lot or something! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete